Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 3 -- 8/11

Day 1 on my 500 calorie a day diet along with the hCG drops.

I weighed in yesterday morning at 151 lbs. My day started out great! I felt good.


Took my drops at 7:15am. Got the kiddos ready and off to school.

8:45am had my breakfast which consisted of 9 strawberries at 5.3 oz. Comes out to 47 calories. So starting with 500 cal -47 = 453 calories left for the day. Also drank about 16 or more oz of water.

I went for a jog/brisk walk around 9 am. It was still very warm outside at 94 degrees! I went for about 2 miles.

Took my second dose of hCG drops at 11:30am.

Starting feeling pretty hungry by 11am. My tummy was telling me "hey! I am NOT used to only having 9 strawberries for breakfast lady!" Very rumbly tummy!

I tried to put off eating lunch til closer to noon or so. I drank about 24 oz of water to tied me over. It seemed to work well.
At about 1230pm I had my lunch. Measured the chicken raw, 3.5 oz. Covered it in Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning. Cooked it on the George Foreman grill. Comes to 108.5 calories. Sliced cucumber, measured it to 5.8 oz, comes to 17.4 calories. So my lunch was 125.9 calories.
453(after breakfast)-125.9(lunch)= 327.1 left for the rest of the day.

Had to pick up my daughter from school at 1:15. Then we had to go run a couple of errands and pick up my son from pre-school. We went to Wal-Mart to get a couple of things. I started feeling hungry, so I knew it was time for my afternoon snack. I grabbed a package of fresh strawberries while I was at Wal-Mart. On the way home I drank water and ate about 4 strawberries. When I got home I weighed 4 other whole strawberries to see about how many calories I had eaten. It was 3.7oz = 33 calories. I didn't feel like eating more strawberries. I cut up a small apple. Weighed it out to be 3 oz = 45 calories. (78 calories in that snack, but I wasn't done yet.....)

One of the things I had to look for at the store was "melba toast". Well, I couldn't find it but the closest thing I did find is wasa light rye crispbread. 60 calories per serving, serving size 2 slices.
0g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 14g carbs, 3g fiber, 0g sugar, 2g protein.
I looked up the nutrition facts on melba toast and found that this;
3 pieces melba toast = 50 calories, 0g fat, 0g sat fat, 0g mono fat, 2g protein, 11g carbohydrates, 90mg sodium, 0mg cholesterol.

I had one slice of this wasa light rye crispbread added to my fruit snack. Bringing my total calories for that snack to 108 calories. 327.1 (after lunch) - 108 (snack) = 219.1 calories left for the day.

About 6:30pm I had 3.5 oz steak seasoned with McCormick steak seasoning and grilled on the George Foreman grill. 129.5 calories. And 4.4oz of fresh asparagus cooked in a Ziploc Steamers bag in the microwave with a little bit of garlic powder and sea salt added to that. 26.4 calories.
So dinner came to 155.9 calories. 219.1 (after snack) - 155.9 (dinner) = 63.2 left for the day.

I didn't even eat 500 calories for the day! Crazy! Well, the kids were having watermelon for their dessert. I always crave dessert after dinner. BAD, I know. I thought well, I have 63.2 calories left still.... I'll have a small orange! Measured it out to 4oz, 52 calories. Still left me with 11.2 calories for the day.

Around 4:30pm I was feeling quite sluggish. I don't know if it was due to my different eating habits this day, or if I was just still drained from this lingering head cold I have. Either way, I stuck it out, and went swimming in our little pool with the kids. After that I was feeling better, refreshed.

After dinner, watched Americas Got Talent with my babies... then we hit the sack!

2 comments:

woodie1711 said...

So reading you blog over and over again, I went ahead and put my order in today. When reading, I was wondering how do you know exactly how many calories are in each serving? Do you have a food scale? I have one but it's a lil cheapy one, but it works. You seem to know a butt load about seving size and that's where I think I'll have to come to you for suggestions. I'm really anxious to see what this whole program will do for me. If it does half as good as it has done to you, then I'll be a happy camper!

Laura

Kira Tyler said...

Hi Laura.

Yes I have a food scale. I bought it at bed bath and beyond last year and never used it hardly at all until this diet! In the booklet they send you there is a page that tells you how many calories per oz are in each of the foods you are allowed to have! It's my go to guide. That is what I use when calculating my calories. I'm happy to help you with any questions!!! I'm always here!

(as of today (day 15) I've lost 12 pounds! Yay!) So I know you can do it, you just have to be dedicated and stick to it. The first 4 days are the hardest. But after that your body gets really used to the 500 calorie/day. It works really good... just do your best to stick with it!! Good luck!!