Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Getting started -- Days 1 & 2

So I decided to try this hCG diet out. A few of Robert's cousins have done it with lots of success. I figure why not try it? I really need a big kick start. I need to get this lump of weight off of my mid section, hips, thighs. I'm ok with my butt. hehehe! My goal with this diet is to lose 15 pounds and keep it off! I am doing a biathlon October 2nd. Running a 10K and then kayaking back down the Colorado River. ANNND... Robert has his 10 year high school reunion October 8th & 9th. I want to look good! ;)

I went to the website Roberts cousins reccomended. wwwSimplyhCG.com I read just about every word on their website. I also googled hCG. I read other websites, other peoples comments and thoughts about hCG. I decided to go ahead and stick with simplyhCG. I placed my order one day last week at about 11am, and received the products by 1pm the next day! It came from Gilbert, AZ by FedEx... so I believe that is one reason it was so quick to get here. I decided to wait and start it this last Monday (August 9, 2010). I figured it would be easier with both kids in school to not have to worry about feeding them lunch and snacks throughout most of the day. And I've always believed in starting fresh on a Monday!

So, Monday began Day 1. Days 1 & 2 are the "fat loading days". You are supposed to "gorge". Load up on as much fat as you can. Your body uses the fat you eat on these two days for needed energy during the first week of this diet. They say it is common to gain 3-6 pounds on these 2 days, but you will lose it by day 4. Also, on these two days while your gorging you are supposed to start taking the hCG drops.

So my days 1 & 2 went ok. I felt like crap mainly. I thought it would be fun and I would love to eat as much fatty foods as I can possibly handle. Well, by the afternoon of day 2 I thought to myself... it's like when you can have whatever you want, well... you just don't really want it much anymore. If that makes any sense to you. It does to me. ;)

I am going to tell you my weight and try to post every day my progress and how I feel, how much weight I lost, and what I ate that day.

I weigh in in the morning after I have emptied my bladder and I wear just my undies!

Sunday (the day before I started gorging) I weighed in at 148 pounds. (just so you know I normally fluctuate between 146-150 during a week or two time period) Friday, August 6th I weighed in at 147

Monday Day 1: weighed in at 149
Tuesday Day 2: weighed in at 150
Wednesday Day 3 (today): weighed in at 151


Will post tonight more about my day today!

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who is doing I think something similar to what you are doing with the whole HCG thing. Except she paid almost $600 to a Dr. up in Vegas who specializes in wieght loss for the 40 day program. She drives up to Vegas every couple of weeks to get her dose of the HCG. I don't know what you diet will consist of but hers is hardly nothing. Here is an email from her on her thoughts and diet:

Breakfast: apple, coffee black, tea unsweetened
Snacks (two a day) four large strawberries or six small ones or orange or half a large grapefruit or whole small grapefruit
Lunch & dinner 3-4oz grilled chicken breast, ground turkey, lean steak, lean ground beef
Choice of vegetable: cabbage, spinach, apparatus, salad greens, tomato, or cucumber

I am not hungry and seldom have cravings. I can only do cardio exercises cuz weight training causes fatigue. I really have more energy and sleep better.

I have been averaging about 1-2 pounds a day of abnormal fat. I have also lost almost 2 inches in my waist and 1.5 in my hip area.

She can't do no more the 15 mins of cardio and no weight training for the first 40 days to avoid fatigue. She can't have carbs, fats or any kind of oil, not even in her makeup. She's lost over 20 lbs and this weekend (Aug. 14th) will be her 40 day mark. She looks great. After the 40 days they give her a maintaining diet.
I'm eager to see your progress! I wish you luck and keep us posted.

Laura

PEPSEA1 said...

Hey Kira,

That is what I have been doing. I lost 8 1/2 the first week, 12 todate. I am now on the maint. portion. and I so coulda lost more, had I not cheated so much. I started craving the bread and sugar. Also w/my migraines, sometimes I try to medicate pain w/food. I really notice that's when I can't fight the cravings the most. Like yesterday my head was killing, and I got a brownie @ Target in the food court. I tell u it was so worth it..my headache did go away, and I managed to stay the same. good enough for me.
I have had crazy 20lb gain in 6 mo. so my Chiropractor who is very into suppliments, and alternative health things, recomended this diet to me as he has seen the change over the last few months. He said it would bring my metabolism back to what it sh/be. I was having these crazy spells after eating any white carbs...bread potato, pasta, etc...I would feel like passing out at work, or if @ home I could easily sleep for 4 hrs immediatle after eating (when I wasn't tired to begin with)
My regular Dr did all kinds of blood work, and my sugars, thyroid, etc were all normal, so they recomended South Beach Diet (I didn't take their advice, because I didn't want to cut out carbs) Funny how this one does just that.
Anyways, my Chiro started the HCG diet himeslf along w/his wife right before I started. He lost 31 lbs and his wife 15.
They are almost finished w/the maint. plan, and are going to do it one more time. I guess u need to wait out thru the maint part then u can redo it and lose more.
Now, I had Chinese for lunch today, and am going to go to the gym tonight, hopefully I wont regret the food today, but I am going to cont thru the maint and I'm thinking of doing it again. Maybe get me back to where I belong.
I also kept a detailed spread sheet of my weight ketosis, all food, and suppliments. call me or email me if u wanna know anything else.
I will tell u I fit into my skinny jeans, and all kinds of clothes I havn't worn since before Kayge. Even though my weight isn't fully down, I know I lost major inches. (I should have measured...u should)
Miss u girl, good luck.

PEPSEA1 said...

One more thing, this is the link to where I got mine. My Chiropractor researched it and advised me to get it here. He said he did this diet when it was injectable about 5 years ago, and he really can tell it's the real stuff. I know you already got urs, just though anyone else reading might check this one too?
http://www.pureh2o2forhealth.com/hcg.htm
I got the pacage w/acai berry, glanular support, and 2oz bottle. it came w/in 3 days of ordering and total cost was $90..something..but when I reorder I am going to just get the drops for about $60..w/shipping and all. Since I don't need any of the other stuff..like the book. I already have extra acai berry pills.
I am also taking B2 B12 potasium E and magnesium. I think a lot of this has also helped my migraines. (although the first week was pretty bad..they have really tapered off)

Kira Tyler said...

Thanks for you guys' comments! I appreciate the support. I will write more about the diet today... Thanks again.