Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 5 -- 8/13

Oh Friday the 13th... I could have lived without you today!  It was either my body reacting to this diet or the "superstitious Friday the 13th bad luck".  Well, I didn't have so much "bad luck" but sure had a weird day!

I drank some cranberry pomegranate green tea this morning, after using my hCG drops, before eating my breakfast fruit.  I started feeling like I had more energy, but also felt jittery.  I got the kids off to school, then was getting myself ready for the day.  Let's just say I was quite emotional today! I don't know what the heck was going on... but twice today I cried!  I was hot, hungry, tired and not in a very good mood! (The being hot part did have to do with being outside in the 117 degree heat.)

We went to this little shindig this afternoon into the evening.  I took my snack of strawberries and melba toast with me... AND my good old trusty water bottle.  Well, this event we went to had all kinds of yummy smelling food vendors and yummy looking drink vendors.  Boy oh boy! Was this a test of all test for me today!  I was getting really hungry around 5:30pm.  The smells of all that food was really getting to me, making my tummy rumble!!!  I really thought about just giving into it all and cheating for the "rest" of the day.  Well, I somehow fought the urge off and decided ok, it's time for me and the kids to go. Said to my husband "I'm sorry, I have to go home and eat or else I'm gonna cave,  I can't stand it any more, I'm way too hungry to be here."

So, I'm driving home and all the sudden think to myself "oooo... that booklet said if you must eat out, one of the options is to have a hamburger protein style with lettuce, onion, tomato (no cheese, sauce or pickles).  I knew exactly what they were talking about.... yup... In-N-Out! 

I had 164 calories left for the day.  I turned the car around, and went straight to In-N-Out. The kids were happy. And I was about to be REALLY happy!  So I ordered my hamburger (no cheese, pickles, or sauce like I normally have) with onions, tomato and wrapped in lettuce (protein style).  I asked the lady for a nutrition guide when I got my food.  I found that what I had ordered was 240 calories!  Actually that is with ketchup and mustard.  I didn't have those on my hamburger.  Not too sure how many calories that would take off... but I'm guessing not too much.  So, yep...I went over my calories today by 76.

The way I'm looking at it though is that it could have been a lot worse if I had given in to that pulled pork sandwich that was calling my name.  ;)

I came home and researched a little bit about cheating on this hCG diet... here is a website I found that made me feel a little better.  I also know now what to expect tomorrow on the scale.

HCG Diet - Weight Loss Cure, How and When to Cheat, Intentionally Or Accidentally


Tomorrow is a big event, the 4th Annual River Regatta here in Bullhead City, AZ on the beautiful Colorado River.

I will be attending and have my little lunch box packed with my breakfast, 6 oz strawberries,  my lunch 3.5 oz grilled chicken and 7.5 oz of cucumbers, a snack of 3 oz sliced apples and 3 oz oranges.  I also packed an extra serving of chicken just in case we are out late.  Oh, and some melba toasts.

Tomorrow is going to be another big test.  Almost everyone around me will be enjoying their "cold ones".  While I have my water bottle. ;)  Oh, and I'm sure they will be snacking on chips and such.

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday! I might post again until Sunday.  We'll see how I feel tomorrow when I get home.

2 comments:

PEPSEA1 said...

lol, ya we drove to the coast one of my diet days, and I didn't stop by the store for "my" food like we were supposed to, and the first place we stopped was a little bbq place, so I had the yummies bbq pulled pork sand w/coleslaw on texas toast. OMG was it good, I didn't gain but I didn't loose either. ur story just reminded me of my cheating action:)
keep up the good work.

Kira Tyler said...

mmm that sounds.. bad for you! lol Do you remember... did it take a couple days for you to see any loss on the scale? Or just that next day there was no loss or gain?